Products You May Like
Nate Diaz is now a wanted man in Louisiana … cops said Monday afternoon they’ve issued an arrest warrant for the former UFC star — after he was seen on camera choking out a man on Bourbon Street.
The incident happened late Saturday night after Diaz had attended the Misfits Boxing 6 event in New Orleans.
Nate Diaz Chokes Out Man on Street into Unconsciousness
In footage of the altercation, you can see Diaz got a man in a headlock during what appeared to be a large dispute — and he didn’t let the guy go until he was unconscious.
The man later took to social media to say he suffered a gnarly head wound during the incident.
According to MMA Fighting, authorities said they reviewed the footage, and an arrest warrant for Diaz for second-degree battery was ultimately issued.
Diaz is not currently in custody.
The 38-year-old fighter has yet to publicly comment on the situation … but sources close to the fighter tell TMZ Sports he did not believe the man he choked out was acting as a peacemaker — saying there was a larger fight happening in the area and the guy was part of that group. They’re adamant Diaz was simply defending himself.
Diaz, who’s slated to box Jake Paul later this summer, had been in a separate altercation earlier in the night — when he threw a water bottle at reality star Chase DeMoor while ringside at the boxing event.
Story developing …